Ok. so I am going to send my 'lovely' neighbors a singing telegraph--preferably delived by a california raisin with a brooklyn accent, and this is what it will say.
To whom it may concern:
It has come to my attention that maybe you misplaced your copy of "Living in a twin home: a guidebook, general rules, etiquette and such." If this is the case, let me highlight some of the more important items in it:
1. Vacuuming after 10 pm is not generally acceptable. Vacuuming times are appropriate between the hours of 7 am- until 10 pm.. this gives you plenty of time to suck up those nasty dust bunnies.
2. It really is not neccessary to play the song War by Low Rider every night at 10:26 pm, I promise. If it is part of some video game...turn it down.
3. If you know that there is not a complete wall in the basement between the two houses (and you do) then please do not fill our house with incense. Please use incense where all walls are fully intact. I am a little tired of incense induced migraines.
4. Your children should not be running around like crazy animals at all times of the day and NIGHT. Remember if you can hear us WALKING around our house, we can hear the stampedes going on at your house.
5. I do not like Mariah Carey, just as I am sure you do not like my punk rock music mixed in with my broadway showtunes. I make sure that it is not heard through out the entire house, can you turn it down a notch, I am tired of not being able to hear what going on on card sharks.
6.IF you insist on having like wars at your house all the time, will you make sure that htey dont spill out into the streets. Waking up to the sounds of sirens and flashing blue and red lights is enough to give you a heart attack.
7. Lastly, if the religious people come to your door remember it is good etiquette to tell them that we are not home, nor are we interested, and htey don't need to leave a pamphlet. I do it for you all the time when the missionaries stop over.
I hope you soon happen upon your handbook.
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
yaaaaa shananana life goes on...
This is where I am at... this is my frame of mind in accepting things I cannot change, and hoping and praying that someday soon things will fall into place as they should (hopefully as i want).
I've been in a funk lately, and should apologize to my friends, but thats why they are my friends I imagine---they understand and know when I am in a funk, and forgive me before i even say anything.
Its going to be another crazy weekend(on top of this week already being crazy,and its only WEDNESDAY!!), probably head down to my FIL house- he has been in the hospital this week, and so we need to head down there and see him. We also want to get onelast trip out ofour zoo membership before it expires.
In happy news--- I was out of water aerobics for a week, was terrible on my diet, and I didn't gain any weight!!! Woohoo!!
and whats a post without a picture??
this is happiness--- serious happiness (oneday of retail therapy at DSW)
and guess who has to go on a diet???
thats right, Buddy...or as I call him...Butters
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
keep blogging...just keep blogging. I really want to do it, and I want to be consistent, so I am really tryign to make an effort.
Easter was a blastaround here-- we even colored eggs (which we had never done together), but we did not have an Easter egg hunt-- our Easter bunny just leaves baskets out.
In etsy news I uploaded more items to my etsy shoppe today- I am really feeling good about the whole thing :)
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
(first official item sold from my etsy shop)
I am blessed by good friends! My etsy shop opened up with a bang- 2 orders (one froma dear friend) within 12 hours of officially opening her up. Seeing what has gotten hits and what sold I kinda havea better idea of what isgoing tosell, and whats not so much.
Etsy is a great resourcefor crafters/artists...it puts your stuff out there (really inexpenisvely)andkeeps it up for four months. I have a betteridea on shipping now which is good- somethingsi under priced on shipping and some things i was pretty much right on. My whole goal with this is to sell stuff I love and toshare that love iwth other people--I am not just making shit to sell shit, and to make money(however, that part is a plus). I am very very happy with the whole process, and you willbe seeing lots more from me soon :)
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Under my own terms, saying what I want to say, and not allowing anyonescomments to interfere with any of that.
That being said- my etsy shop is open, and I couldn't be more excited about it! This is one of the little beauties available on my site- keep your fingers crossed for me.